HybridZ

Lurked forever...time to share

Guest Luckyz240

Guest Luckyz240

Ok well I have lurked on this site...borrowed hints and wisdom from many of the people here in my efforts to work on this car..and I figured I would share a couple pics of it. I have a long ways to go till its done :eek: (like thats ever gonna happen):eek: Here is some before..during..and after shots.

1972_Datsun_240Z.jpg

This is the only during shot I have....lost the disc with the other shots

pb130261.jpg

and a couple of the car once the paint was finished...

dscn5468.jpg

dscn5462.jpg

Guest Luckyz240

Do the 350 manifolds work with LT1's? I do know that the heads degrees changed in 87 or 88 iirc, did that affect the manifolds?

Pete its an OLD LT1 (1970 era according to the castings)...I just use a set of block hugger headers running out to the side pipes on it. I will see if I can round up a pic of the side of the car with the pipes in it...new rims/tires are going on it today!! =)

JBK240z, its a color called Silver Metallic Green (2005-6 Cadillac) that was pinstriped with Jade Green on the flames and a Dark Grey for the base.

dscn5473.jpg

Dustin

How did you install the side pipes and are they custom?

There is a couple of threads on sidepipes already, but all had some problem clearing the frame without hanging too low. Also being a bit restrictive if using off the shelf sidepipes due ti interior pipe size.

I love the look of sidepipes!

Greg

Guest Luckyz240

Greg, its kinda hard to notice in the photos above but there is a "small" mod to the fenders to get those pipes to sit at the right height....but other than that they just drop off the block hugger headers and straight down to the pipes.

I will post some pics of the engine bay once I get my lazy self to clean it up a bit....lotsa grime in there from the body shop still but the entire engine bay has been sprayed with Line-x (along with the fender wells...underside of the car and inside of hood)...I do live in Oregon after all =)

Dustin

Guest Luckyz240

Hopefully I will have some time after the swap meet here in town to get it cleaned up a bit and take a couple more pics, I will try and get a shot of the fender and where sidepipe sits...the pipes are 1 1/2 in and 3 out..and are pretty darn hollow...its a bit on the loud side.