HybridZ

280zx aero

s130turbo

I'm wanting to go racing. This being the case I have an engine and suspension budget setup. However I'm looking to gain an advantage in terms of Aerodynamics. I was thinking along the lines of a full venturi tray [not sure if thats the right name.] a front splitter a set of vortex generators like the ones on the evo8 mr. I'm not sure what type of wing. Side skirts obviosly and a way to effectivly move air in and out of the wheel wells. So basically what Im asking if the above modifications applied right would increase the overall aerodynamics of the car. My main goal with the above is to increase the overall down force of the car greatly while touching up on a few weak links in the s130 design. So tell me am I shooting blanks here or is it so hard to tune the above I should just skip it and put more money in the suspension?

what you could always do is look at previous racecar setups. bob sharp, and the other simmilar winning cars and start there. i know my car with low pro whale tail and bob sharp air dam, really sucks down on the highway. an under tray built correctly would be a improvement on these older cars. there is a areodynamics thread somewhere around here, gets pretty in depth, try searching for that one.

Under body trays, belly pans, rear diffusers etc etc. Are not easy to build correctly. An underbody tray can be effective, but if not done correctly, can be down right dangerous.

For bang for your buck, go for suspension mods, tires and weight savings are the most effective. Racing speeds will not likely be high enough long enough to require aero mods.

There are many minor aero mods that are cheap/easy, and may or may not be legal depending on the racing class you are in.