HybridZ

dropped my engine :(

2003z

Aside from a chip on the valve cover, and scrapes on the oil pan, it doesn't look like I hurt anything.

Apparently, when I lowered the legs on the cherry picker, I accidentally put on of the down lock pins back in the uplock hole on accident. Don't know how I had a brain fart like that.

Hooked up the engine, had it lightly supported and unbolted the engine stand and WHAMMO, the whole thing crashed over on its side.

I dropped the first L6 I built. Luckly my leg broke the fall and the only thing that broke was the spark plug that broke off in my inner thigh. It pulled right out.

I hope your motor is OK. Let us know.

the header took the brunt of the fall, but it deflected but didn't bend permanently, I think. Its about 1/4" from the block at the bottom, and it took a chip out of the powdercoat on the block, but that and a couple of scratches in the ceramic coat plus the valve cover seem to be the only damage. At least the carb and intake didn't hit anything, nor the distributor.

It was all pretty too!

dsc04172vo7.jpg

dsc04171zk5.jpg

I dropped my landcruiser engine from about 5 feet in the air while pushing the engine crane at about 5 miles an hour:bonk:It snagged on a rock and threw the engine as if it were on a trebuchet,hit hard enough to bounce and skit about 2 feet lol.All in all was ok though somehow.

I dropped my landcruiser engine from about 5 feet in the air while pushing the engine crane at about 5 miles an hour:bonk:It snagged on a rock and threw the engine as if it were on a trebuchet,hit hard enough to bounce and skit about 2 feet lol.All in all was ok though somehow.

Good to know it survived! Mine should be fine then.

When i pulled my old L24 we set the block in a wheel barrow, I was pushing the wheelbarrow to our scrap pile behind our garage and while my dad was supposed to be spotting me he decided to talk about somthing insted, i lost control of the barrow and one of the points of the block on the transmission mating side hit landed on my foot before anything else!

somehow i didnt break my foot! thank god for being younge and loving milk!

Guest 280ZForce

oh no, that's horrible Mike! Good thing it was only some minor beautification damage. Touch er up and get that "dropped" in the bay before you drop it somewhere else again.

I know it must be a heart wrenching feeling Mike! We have ALL done bone head things...cars do that to us..!

Trust me the motor is fine...L6 = Tough as nails.

Engine is looking great! Is that Dave's intake (AZC?).

Yasin

http://www.arizonazcar.com/manifold.html

Looks like it.

Wonder how the cylinders 1 and 6 do, seems they would be running a bit lean.

Arizona Z car intake and Holley 390. I finally got it back in the car today!!!!!!

280 5spd, Fidanza flywheel, Nissan Motorsports domed pistons, MSA stage 2 cam and KTM's old Crane XR700.

Still have to:

Install the clutch slave cylinder

Re-install the dash (Prev. Owner. cut the heater hoses when the core started leaking, I fixed that)

Wire up the XR-700 and coil

Plumb the fuel and PCV lines,

and I think its about done!

(then I have to recoat the valve cover, every thing else if fine from the drop.)