HybridZ

My Z was stolen!

Guest SlickSW20

Guest SlickSW20
You are so right about that. It is a real embarrassment, at meeting it always seems to be excuses on why it is not up. I am not complaining because I don't know the first about website maintenance but if you volunteer to do something do it. So the answer to your question is "hell if I know". :-D There is good to report, the run to Borrego was good, 3 510s joined the trip, one turbo and two V6s. Only one S30 all the others were S35s.

I read up on the run...sounded like a lot of fun. A buddy of mine and I set up runs around the SD backroads every once in awhile...not sure when we'll do the next one on account of my car issue and the fact that he's getting married next weekend, but when we do I'll post up again.

If I knew the first thing about running a message board or had time to figure it out, I'd help the SDZ guys out. Unfortunately I don't, and with both full-time school and work, I don't have any time to figure things like that out at the moment.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried to get in touch with the SD Z club via their website, but their forum's been down longer than I've owned my car. Any word on when/if they're ever going to get it fixed?

For as long as I have been involved with the club there have been problems of one sort or another with the website. The latest webmaster is doing quite a bit of work to get the site working properly but it is not an instant thing by any means. There has been an offer of help from a very capable and talented webmaster who may be taken up on his offer in the not to distant future if the site continues to be difficult for mere mortals.

Dragonfly

SlickSW20,

Glad to hear you have your Z once again!!!! (Heart back to normal!) When I went to pick my Z up from the impound yard (after the SDPD found it) the theif had taken the steering wheel. Now if you can believe it, I actually drove her home with a Vise-Grip......ahhhh, I was younger and braver then!

Guest SlickSW20
they had quite a drive! any idea on how they boosted it? is your ignition ok?

In the excitement of seeing my car all in one piece, I totally blanked on looking at the ignition to see if they had hot-wired it or just jammed something in the lock and jimmied it that way. The copy of the SDPD recovery report I got said it hadn't been tampered with, but it also said that there was still a radio in the car, so I don't entirely trust it. But that'll be one of the things Z-Whizz will check out.

For as long as I have been involved with the club there have been problems of one sort or another with the website. The latest webmaster is doing quite a bit of work to get the site working properly but it is not an instant thing by any means. There has been an offer of help from a very capable and talented webmaster who may be taken up on his offer in the not to distant future if the site continues to be difficult for mere mortals.

Dragonfly

I understand how web design can be a headache sometimes...I work for a company that designs sites for apartment and condo communities (I don't do any web programming here, though, so unfortunately I probably wouldn't be much help to the SDZ site). Hopefully the current admin can work some magic on the site, though! :)