HybridZ

want to learn more about suspension

Guest Death69

Guest Death69

i basically want to know if there are any website or something in which i can learn more about suspension and tuning it properly. i have some racing simulators in which you can adjust the suspension, but i never knew how. i want to get into road racing and know that suspension is very important. any thing in the right direction is greatly appreciated

I've heard this was a good book:Competition-Car-Suspension-practical-handbook

And that this was pretty good: Chassis-Engineering

Staniforth's competition car suspension is a really good book to start with. There are a number of calculations given on the back of the book you can put into a spreadsheet and use to help make decisions. Bare in mind it's a little data but highly recommended.

Adam's book has some useful info more on the chassis building side and is in general a disappointment.

You might take a look at the following website, http://www.racing-car-technology.com.au/index.htm. They have some good information but don't bother with paying for their weight transfer worksheet. They give you all the info you need on the site and you can finish the rest with what you get in staniforth's book.

Another idea is to see if you have any local shock or data experts. Many of these people put on weekend seminars to help out beginning racers. Being able to ask questions is a huge help. And once you have a good basic understanding you can go to the mother of all seminars by optimumG (http://www.optimug.com).

Hope this helps,

Cary