HybridZ

if you don't feel like doing a swap yourself...

typhoone

I was doing more research on swaps and Zs and all that fun stuff and I found this site

http://www.tophatperformance.com

I called them up and they said that if I supplied the motor/tranny they would do the 350sbc swap for around $2000. not too bad if u ask me, especially if you are like me and work 6 nights a week and have school 5 days per week. I know some people want to do swaps and would rather pay someone than do it themselves, so here ya go, have fun.

Be very clear when working with a fabricator (including someone like me) about what work is being done for the price quoted. $2K sounds reasonable for the physical installation but plumbing, electrical, linkages, radiator, exhaust, driveshaft, and all the other little BS that's required to end up with a running car might be extra - a whole lot extra.

Hmmm I don't know that seems a bit too pricey... A friend I have on myspace does engine swaps he will do an sr20det swap for my 280z and charge 2,500 he supplies the motor he gets everything done within 6 hours or he discounts 50 dollars. Cool huh? For a 240sx Sr20det he charges 2,300 within the 6 hour range.:P

well, as long as you have the stuff that is required like motor, tranny, radiator, etc. they will put it in. they will do the mounts, driveshaft, etc and the rest of the custom stuff. you supply everything that would be with the motor and tranny if it was in the other car. radiator, etc has to be provided, but when you get your car back it will be running, electronics, plumbing, and all. they can't tune chevy motors since they specialize in import motors etc, but at least you will have a running car that CAN be tuned. lol

Hmmm I don't know that seems a bit too pricey... A friend I have on myspace does engine swaps he will do an sr20det swap for my 280z and charge 2,500 he supplies the motor he gets everything done within 6 hours or he discounts 50 dollars. Cool huh? For a 240sx Sr20det he charges 2,300 within the 6 hour range.:P

.....damn.....what is his myspace address? I might wind up talking to him about some swaps my buddies want done.

holy crap! post up contact info ON THE REALS

Is it inappropriate for me to call BS? No way.

I'm sorry I interpreted what he had said to me wrong. :( the swap on the black top to a 240sx is 2,500. Red top is 2,300. the swap for the s30 cars is way much more since he doesn't know how to do custom bracketry. He needs to use punctuation marks.

Here's what he said.

yea the 28z0 swap will cost some 2500 for the black top 240sx red top 240sx sr20dte people go for the sr20det for the Z cars a lto why 1500 for the motor harness tranny and swap I do the complete work for all the priec above i will work for 6 hours if i pas s 50 dollar discount

That was copied and pasted.

A lot of people reffered me to him because he owns a shop and did a KA-T kit for 200 dollars. He had everything except for a the turbo manifold and he just pulled it off of a probe gt.

He talks normal in person FYI.