HybridZ

Who's got a 280ZX parts car with T-tops? I need weatherstripping bad!

80LS1T

Ok boys and girls, my car is going to be getting painted very soon and I really need to get these 2 pieces for my car! I need the body side weatherstripping on both sides for my t-tops. The ones that run up the A-pillars....around the openings....and back down the B-pillars.

My car is an 1980 but I don't know for sure if all the T-top models have the same weatherstripping, I figure just as long as its not a 2+2 it should fit.

PLEASE someone help me out on this one! Shoot me a pm or email with a price for them if they are in decent usable condtion. As long as they are not hard and brittle or torn I'm interested. I can deal with a little dry! I wont be driving in the rain so they don't have to be perfect.

Thanks,

Guy

PS....Mods I tried a classifieds wanted ad but I really need to get the ball moving on this so I don't have to wait for them once the car is painted!:-D

What I did for weather stripping on my 280zx I got weather stripping from a van I had and just cut off excess and rubber glue where there was a space open. The car has been sitting outside for 4 years I think... no signs of water yet inside the car. Now when I close the door it doesn't sound like it just hit the floor or something.

The car has been sitting outside for 4 years

I think hes gonna drive it. Did you do this for the door weatherstripping?

Id think that the 2+2 and coupe t top would be the same size? Im guessing any junkyard car will have hard weatherstripping or itll tear when you take it off.

Have you called MSA and Black Dragon? Good Luck

Yeah I have contacted MSA and they can get them for $1000 for the pair but they have to get them from somewhere outside the US. I don't want to spend $1000 on a pair of weatherstripping right now when I need to spend that money on painting the car.

I am going to call some junkyards this week/weekend to see if anyone has any 280ZX but I'm really not holding much faith it that option, not too many Z's around here! I wish I lived in CA right now, I know I could find some easy!

I can't beleive one of you guys who have swapped a 280ZXT drivetrain into an S30 doesn't have one of these cars just collecting dust! LOL

Guy