HybridZ

240 Front Bumper Interchange

Hey guys. I don't like how the bumper on my '73 sticks out a few inches, and I'd like it to sit against the body like the '72 and earlier cars. Does anybody know if the difference is soley in the brackets that mount the bumper to the frame? ie. could I just replace mine with those off of a '72? Or is there a difference with the bumper and/or the mounting location on the frame?

Thanks,

Eric

Pics????

I have a late modle 260/280. I ordered 240 fiberglass bumpers a while ago and installed them. When i did i discovered that they where about 2 inches too narrow. I actually had to cut it in half directly in the middle and add an inch to each side. It might have been a manufacture flaw but there you have it. maybe you have a bumper off a different car??????

I have a 73 as well, and I installed European bumpers for 72 and earlier models on my car (they don't have provisions for the rubber strip on them). The answer to your question is the bumpers themselves are different as well. Not sure of all the differences, but first off the ends of the bumper would sit too far back.

I only have these pics from the ebay ad when I bought it...

a441_1.jpg

9f83_1.jpg

It looks like its just scooted forwards a few inches the bumper guard guys are a little closer together. Those are coming off soon anyways. Switching to the earlier bumpers is Plan B, but I'd really like it to be as easy as switching out the brackets.