HybridZ

RB starter needed asap

Booztd 3

Guys

THis is an odd request but I HAVE to take my car somewhere this weekend thats very important, and im 99% sure the starter has finally puked on my car. It started over the weekend being pesky and I just clicked it over about 100 times in the garage with no luck, so if anyone has one and can get me one by friday, please PM me!

Even if your car is down for a month or two or whatever, I'd pay to borrow it or replace it as soon as I find one.......basically im asking for any help I can get.

Thanks

Andy

I replied to your rbz32.com post but i may be able to help. but getting it there by this weekend may be an issue since im in alaska. BUT i was thinking..... a started is a starter and im thinking you could go to one of those places that rebuilds them and since its nissan... I bet you any part on it they need to replace they would be able to order from nissan... just a guess though.

I took a bad rb26 starter into O'Reileys Auto Parts awhile back, and after the counter guy spent a half hour or so looking thru the books,he went to the shelves, then came back with a replacement starter for me that matched almost exactly.

The only difference was the orientation of the solenoid, which was only slight, but it fit....

I'll try and get you the part # off the box I saved.

I took a bad rb26 starter into O'Reileys Auto Parts awhile back, and after the counter guy spent a half hour or so looking thru the books,he went to the shelves, then came back with a replacement starter for me that matched almost exactly.

The only difference was the orientation of the solenoid, which was only slight, but it fit....

I'll try and get you the part # off the box I saved.

Score

That would help immensely. The local advance auto parts store guys have become quite friendly to me here lately so they usually just let me go back behind the counter and grab parts on my own, lol.

Also, are RB starter failures pretty common? I've seen a decent amount of response to my posting so far

Score

That would help immensely. The local advance auto parts store guys have become quite friendly to me here lately so they usually just let me go back behind the counter and grab parts on my own, lol.

Also, are RB starter failures pretty common? I've seen a decent amount of response to my posting so far

Here is a pic of the starter. Also, the part # is> 16203. Thats a O'Reilly's number I guess. Its the number on a sticker on the starter, and the box end, and on the receipt. The name on the box is Ultima

click

dcp0480jr0.th.jpg

BTW, I did the same for my Alt. awhile back.... got that too. :-D

GuysThanks for the input, i fixed that biatch tonight. Turns out there was a wire that wasnt makign a solid connection at the harness right under the igniton. The signal wire was seeing 12V however it wasnt pushing enough amperage to the starter. Chalk one up for the basics smile.gif