HybridZ

Tomei oil restrictor measurements

BirdmanZ

oil restrictors keep excess oil from getting into the head and keeps more in the pan. thus preventing oil starvation in track cars.

Cant you just put on more oil? haha

With upgraded oil pump and drain from head to pan, these seems a bit unnecessary?

I have a rb25 but wont pop the head untill winter...

Any have picture of the rb25 head? Not sure which model my engine is.

Is there someway to check from the serial # ?

Cant you just put on more oil? haha

With upgraded oil pump and drain from head to pan, these seems a bit unnecessary?

I have a rb25 but wont pop the head untill winter...

Any have picture of the rb25 head? Not sure which model my engine is.

Is there someway to check from the serial # ?

well whether it seems uneccessary or not, these people are proven RB engine builders, and companies who have sought after parts, like tomei, and jun all do these mods in one form or another.

so you can take your chances, but i'd rather not. its a small price to pay in order to be assured longevity.

I have an R33 Rb25det it is currently in the shop getting the bearings etc done, so now would be a perfect time to throw in some restrictors. How many should I put in, I don't have the drain mod done and don't really plan on it either unless I have to. The engine is being prepared and set up to push around 350ish hp at the wheels. Everything is stock minus the bearings internally, which are ACL race bearings with Calico anti friction coatings and ARP head studs. I have an N1 oil pump too. Any how the question is how many restrictors should be installed and what internal diameter? I just read that they are any were from 1-1.5 m. So whats the general consensus on this ? Any body done it before ? The sooner I know the sooner It can get the Zed rolling.