HybridZ

picked up a princess auto chop saw for 80$`

If you dont have one and need a chop saw try the princess auto one its abit weak but it cuts straight and works slower than a dewault but for 88$ iam pleased. Going to head down to the shop and build a drill press stand and a chop saw stand now

ok so DO NOT BUY one of these chop saws it works OKAY it cuts and once you square up the fence it cuts rather square but it bogs down easy its cheaply made And it draws an insane amount of power 4x blown breaker now. I would recomend that you spend the 300$ or 220 and get a dewault or a mikita (spelling... been into the beers for 4 hours now :D) those ones are great.

ok so DO NOT BUY one of these chop saws it works OKAY it cuts and once you square up the fence it cuts rather square but it bogs down easy its cheaply made And it draws an insane amount of power 4x blown breaker now. I would recomend that you spend the 300$ or 220 and get a dewault or a mikita (spelling... been into the beers for 4 hours now :D) those ones are great.

you sure it's not the beers bogging, rather than the machine itself?

LOL :icon10:

OK Iam an IDIOT. I Just realized why the bloody saw is cutting so horribly slow and drawing so much power ironically I figured it out because I blew the the breaker again. When I watched the blade spool down I realized the arbor is bent and the OD Of the blade is running out about 1/8th!!! So Ill be taking it back tomorow to get a new one. Let ya'll know how one that is new and NOT broken works.

ahh.. good ole princess auto... they will take back anything, no questions asked. My buddy (BRADD) bought a $400 electric bandsaw, used it two years and was there one day eyeing up the (better model) He explained to the sales guy that he bought the cheaper one a while back and was never really happy with it. They told him to bring it back and upgrade. He said, but no, it was like two years ago and I don't have the receipt anymore.... No problem! They gave him a $400 credit towards the better one!

On a side note, I bought that same chopsaw for $80, works fine...

i got that chop saw green one right

ive cut allot of stuff and it never blew a breaker and my shop is on my dads house breaker and always goes.... well it might have went once when im running a few things

but not a bad saw from time to time im sure it wouldnt hold up to allot of abuse. from time to time its gold and i got a angle grinder with it for free

Ive got mostly dewalt stuff, it usually works near flawlessly,and lasts for years... but what $%^& me off is that to get the tools rebuilt to factory spec at the authourized dealer repair centers.. when they do break, they generally charge 40%-55% of what the new one costs, reguardless of whats wrong, a trigger switch, motor or chuck, arbor, or wiring, it doesn,t matter the charges are the same, they say we replace anything thats a wear part or any that appear broken regaurdless of whats malfunctioning

I bought the $49 (US) Harbor freight chop saw and have only used Norton discs in it and it cuts fine - the slower the straighter. I cut all the tubing for my rotisserie with it.

I now have a band saw (Jet) that I'm awaiting my first use of - can't wait.

Oh - I used a cheap bench top DP for about 5 holes on the tubing for my rotisserie (1/4" thick) and went over to my dad's and borrowed his 18" Ryobi benchtop - the motors were rated the same but that Ryobi's motor was TWICE the size - it drilled through that tubing MUCH better, and the stroke was long enough to go clear through the 2.5" tubing without having to take out and turn over.

Now I have a floor drill press that has an even bigger motor - the 12 speed from HF that I bought for $285 (on sale and a 20% off coupon), and itwas a blessing when building the legs and such for my blast cabinet.

Anyone in Canada looking to buy a good grinder/chopping tool.

I went to canadian tire to get a jobmate 34 dollar grinder with two discs.

then i found that last years mastercraft grinder is on sale with 10 cutting discs, 10 metal grinding discs, 10 masonry grinding discs, all for 34 dollars. (on sale from 150)

I got that last week, and used it yesterday for the first time, and it is better than I had hoped.

Just as an indication of how much you're saving here; the grinder alone is worth about 59. the discs are usually anywhere from 4 - 8 bucks a piece depending on quality, so we'll go with 6 for an average.

thats 6 x 30 = 180 + 50 = 230 dollars worth of grinding utensils for 42 bucks or so with tax.

im not sure if it's still on sale, but this thing is really good. and it has 3 handle positions, 1 on either side and one on the top face, so that you can grind things horizontally with greater ease in various positions.

check it !