HybridZ

L6 Head porting P90

Lockjaw

Please weigh in on who ported your turbo head, and what was done. I did a web search and found Lone Wolf Performance, and their prices seem pretty reasonable, anyone used them?

What sort of improvements did you see over a stock head?

Thanks

Greg Whitehead at http://www.whiteheadperformance.com did my P90 Turbo head. He is one of the best in the business. His ported heads have been engine dyno'd to give an increase of 40hp, depending on valve and camshaft selection. Do a search under my name for the pics of his beautiful work on my P90.

Also Rebello does good works as does Geromoly.

Yasin

Can you give me a ballpark on pricing?

I don't want to go crazy, but I would like to improve the flow. Rebello will do mostly work on the exhaust port, I have discussed things with them.

I have a mild cam, slightly warmer then stock. You would have to pay attention to be able to hear it, but if you were beside my car when idling, you would probably hear it from the 3 in exhaust under the car.

I port a P90 about once a month, here is one of my customers. It can be done be doing it yoursef, but I would recomend a flow bench.

Here is a P90 head I ported, Flows 225 CFM@ 25" of water, compared to a 172 stock. On the intakes that is. The last two pictures are just to show what .010" difference in lash pads does as far as moving the wipe patturn in or out. Customer didnt want Polished Combustion Chambers, but it still turned out great.

P90portedPics_020-600x450.jpg

P90portedPics_015-600x450.jpg

P90portedPics_016-600x450.jpg

P90portedPics_017-600x450.jpg

P90portedPics_018-600x450.jpg

P90portedPics_021-600x450.jpg

P90portedPics_023-600x450.jpg

P90portedPics_029-600x450.jpg

P90portedPics_032-600x450.jpg

P90portedPics_037-600x450.jpg

P90portedPics_038-600x450.jpg