HybridZ

2 head gaskets?????

z or bust

Ok i'm so ive sat here for the past hour lokking for answers but I cant find it. I'm converting my N/A l28e to turbo and staying with the flat top pistons and p79 head. I know compression will be too high so can I stack head gaskets to achieve lower compression. Or, correct me if i'm wrong, but can you use L24 rods?

try buying the 2mm head gasket, should lower the cr by about 1 point from stock. anything can have a turbo slapped on it, but just run within a safe boost level for that motor. you may only get 2-4 psi b4 its dangerous. just find a early l28 (n47) block with dished, and install you head. problem is cheaply fixed.

I'll actually be doing the same thing with my 83 ZX. A good friend of mine who is very knowledgeable abou Z cars ran stock turbo on his flat topped F54 block and P90 head. It was about a 9:1 compression ratio and was intercooled. It ran fine. He said stock boost (about 7 PSI) on a F54 flat top block and P79 head should be just fine. With the stock head gasket.

I think the stock CR is 8.5:1 with flat tops and that head. the 2mm HKS head gasket will lower the CR to 8.2:1. and you should be able to rund stock boost no problem just watch your timing and fuel. and If you intercool and you use an after market computer you can get away with a good amount of boost. There are lots of guys running 8.5:1 CR under boost.... besides, what the worst that can happen.:shock:

I think the stock CR is 8.5:1 with flat tops and that head. the 2mm HKS head gasket will lower the CR to 8.2:1. and you should be able to rund stock boost no problem just watch your timing and fuel. and If you intercool and you use an after market computer you can get away with a good amount of boost. There are lots of guys running 8.5:1 CR under boost.... besides, what the worst that can happen.:shock:

i don't think that's right..... i think that's the CR for the dished pistons.

at any rate, if my F54 block is cracked, i have a dished block that i would gladly trade for your F54!

i don't think that's right..... i think that's the CR for the dished pistons.

at any rate, if my F54 block is cracked, i have a dished block that i would gladly trade for your F54!

How the hell do you crack an L-series block? If you really cracked the block you did something VERY wrong. I don't think I have ever seen or even heard of anyone cracking an L block. Punching holes in the side yes, but no stress cracking.

Well at least I know I can stack them. Yeah I only plan to run about ten pounds with 440cc injectors and megasquirt and hopefully it will be fine. I am trying to track down some dished pistons because i would rather be safe than sorry.

Guest TeamNissan
Well at least I know I can stack them. Yeah I only plan to run about ten pounds with 440cc injectors and megasquirt and hopefully it will be fine. I am trying to track down some dished pistons because i would rather be safe than sorry.

Contact Joe "rags" he has many dished pistons to get rid of.