HybridZ

Is this a good start for a swap?

gjc5500

those type of motors are usually junkyard pullouts, plus almost all the time with a clip everything is still sealed up, plus you would have the wiring harness and everything you need instead of sourcing otu different parts, plus i would also buy the remainder of the clip from you for my z32.

Figured as much. So would a JY engine be a bad place to start. im on a budget(School payments) and need a motor to work on. i intend on MSnS, boost contol, the whole nine yards. Rebuilding the engines, and maybe even the turbos wouldnt be that big of a deal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The NA motors are fine boosted by the way. TT's are 9.3:1 and NA's are 10:1 you woun't be able to push the stock N/A pistons much past 400WHP after that you need either OE TT pistons or foraged aftermarket pistons. Stock TT blockar are good to aroud 550WHP

I have a NA long block out of an Infinity J30 and Z32 Turbos, Manifolds, ECU and harness. and any VG30 tranny will bolt up. It can be done afforabily if you shop around.

Mostly you will only find clips from japan. the JDM cars have smaller turbos and more agressive cams.