HybridZ

aftermarket tach help

Bartman did you drill the dash or glue them on? I can not tell from the picture.

Greg, David would be better at explaining what he did to get that setup but basically that pod is glued to the cover. I believe he made a small cut behind the pod and epoxy glued it to the cover.....David can chime in if he sees this thread.

As for my setup, buttons on the wheel are for the horn.....thinking about using one as a kill switch for brake lights...:-) and also yes there is another gauge where the a/c vent should be...hopes this helps.

Bartman did you drill the dash or glue them on? I can not tell from the picture.

Greg, David would be better at explaining what he did to get that setup but basically that pod is glued to the cover. I believe he made a small cut behind the pod and epoxy glued it to the cover.....David can chime in if he sees this thread.

As for my setup, buttons on the wheel are for the horn.....thinking about using one as a kill switch for brake lights...:-) and also yes there is another gauge where the a/c vent should be...hopes this helps.

Yes, my indicators are installed by drilling holes in the dash...not for the timid. I really like David's solution, but finding one of the pods he used is next to impossible.

David, that is sweet, what was the source for the plastic pod?

Bartman, that is nice as well, I am not timid so I will drill the dash if I have to as my second choice if I can't imagine where to find a piece of plastic like David's.

Both look really good!

Greg

greg, i'm working on the source and will let u know when i find something concrete...

thanks for the compliments. underneath i used a multi-pin molex connector i had pulled years ago from a 280zx which allows me to remove the cover and easily disconnect the wiring.

david