HybridZ

My Wicked Engine Rebuild Plans are Progressing! Lots of New Mods...PICS!

Guest 280ZForce

Well, what you need to keep in mind is that the visible spectrum color may not relate to the infrared spectrum. Just because we see black, does not meant it is black to IR.

I am not completely sure on this now but it makes sense to me that if a material is black in the visible spectrum it would also be absorbed by the infrared spectrum which is very close to the visible spectrum. I am again speaking in generalities, but i think they apply to the situation. If you were to go to the store and buy high temperature black paint I would assume that it would absorb more IR radiation than a similiar paint in a white color.

You are right though, just because something is black does not mean it is not reflecting IR light, and visa versa. A material white in color may actually be absorbing IR light.I guess to be sure you were using a correct coating you would have to know more about the actual coating...

I love this stuff... lol

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread got way off topic. I'm sorry... my bad :-(

Back to the original topic. This car is absolutely beautiful, I was at the MSA nationals and I somehow managed to just pass over your car. I think its cause I already have pictures of it on my computer :-D

I LOVE the intake manifold, looks like you have put a lot of work into this engine. I hope I get another chance to see this piece of work, it is going to have a huge influence on my turbo build.

When I was in school, they tought us that things visible to us as black were "perfect emitters" that not only absorbed energy better than any other visible color, but also emitted energy better.

BTW, congratulations on a successful hyjack!

• 1 month later...
Guest 280ZForce
Wow that looks like a very nice setup, how much power are you looking to get from this?

I'm gonna be happy with anything over 450 rwhp...I know it definitely has more potential than that. I'll be tuning for 500+ rwhp/500+ ft-lbs of torque *crosses fingers* but it should be definitely feasible.

i have one question. you put all that money in the motor, but stayed with stock rods? any reason, sure would make me nervous with a turbo like that

Yes, stock rods are forged. I had them race prepped as well, they were shot peened, lightened and polished, etc.

280ZForce:You should route the spark plug wires around the valve cover it really cleans up the look. and the valve cover breather looks a little old :P

I agree, I will eventually run EDIS. The valve cover breather is a lil beat up, but I put it on just for the show cuz the chrome was still shiny and perfect on it.