HybridZ

Stripping sound deadening sucks :( N56kS

I didn't really ever have much of an interior in my 280Z to start with so I figured I'd just completely strip it to take care of the light surface rust I saw on the rear of the floor pans before it ate through...plus I'm really bored on off days. Anyhow, took the seats out, took out the rear carpet and all the rear trim panels that were in and figured I'd prep it for sandblasting. Figured while I was at it I would go ahead and remove ALL the sound deadening tar I could get to to knock out as much rust as possible. I just REALLY hope sandblasting will take out the tar I can't reach, and will remove the remnants of the stuff that is left behind. After this, I'm going to coat it with something, either Eastwood Co's Rust Encapsulator or that black waxy stuff that does the same thing but also seals seams. My friend with the sandblaster said he prefers the Eastwood stuff over POR, anyone have any input?

Anyways, here's the pics:

DSC00761.jpg

DSC00762.jpg

DSC00763.jpg

DSC00764.jpg

DSC00765.jpg

DSC00766.jpg

DSC00767.jpg

DSC00768.jpg

DSC00769.jpg

DSC00770.jpg

DSC00771.jpg