HybridZ

Clean Quality 10" Subwoofer Install

hawaiiz

Aloha All

My 12/77 280z had a raised deck in the back with a set of speaker in it. After a few and looking at it for a while my buddy and I came up with plan to

1 make more space

2 add a quality sub install - in location of Power antenna Plus

3 add a dedicated tool location - In spare tire location

4 add more hidden storage in the little hatches (unused in 12/77)

5 lighten it up - spare tire and soon bumper and its hardware

At a loss of

1 spare tire and jack

2 Power Antenna

MDF Face with custom fiberglass housing - Finished with carpet and a grill.

Ive removed the deck and all the brakets etc. Also removed ... well Ill take some pics and cut some cardboard..will show pics.

Id love to see or hear any ideas or thoughts. HawaiiZ

IMG_3174%20(Small).jpg

IMG_3177%20(Small).jpg

Im also going to drop the gastank, cut out that spare tire well and make flat down there for my tools or hmmm many possibilties

IMG_3178%20(Small).jpg

Gonna replace the power antenna with a black rubber generic - bummer a really only listen to MP3s anyways

IMG_3179%20(Small).jpg

Well you get the idea - Here are pics of some sheetmetal I removed

IMG_3175%20(Small).jpg

IMG_3176%20(Small).jpg

Soon time to clean, prep patch etc

Question - Dymamat 1st Hurculiner 2nd - Will look nicer or Huculiner 1st???

Thanks HawaiiZ

Phantom,

Good looking sub installation. Can you give some detail on how you did it? I bought a Bazooka tube (piece of crap), and am not happy at all. Your install looks like a Thunderform unit, and if it sounds like one I definitely want to know how you did it!

The subwoofer box is a one-off custom wood/fiberglass piece. You can see the balancing tube mounted in it and the 10" sub is an Alpine. The specs on the 10" sub are in one of my "LS1 / T56 Update" posts near the end. I had 40 some odd of them. The area was measured out, initial design work done with cardboard and tape to ensure proper dimensions and then the fiberglass box was built. It is covered n Katzkin leather.

Phantom..... Thanks for the info. I looked at the MTX/Thunderform website and requested that they make a box for early Z-cars. We'll see what they say. Maybe some of you other guys should go make the same request so they see there's a market. Otherwise it looks like it's time to pull out the fiberglass stuff again.