HybridZ

I think somethings wrong with my car...

Sparky

..I can't seem to get any traction in 1st and 2nd gear and alot of smoke comes off the tires.

whats wrong with my car? :)

:lol: still in my clutch break in period by another 100 miles but damn I just couldnt help it. 2k clutch drop and the thing instantly hits the limiter while the tires start thier initial ascent into the atmosphere. 2nd gear comes quick and is more of the same, a slight lift on the accelerator and she hooks up, scooting along quit nicely. Even with all the dramatics Gtech indicates 6.12 0-60...not bad for 5 PSI and a pig rich map. Lots more potential in her. Already I'm driven to turn that boost up....lord help me.

..I can't seem to get any traction in 1st and 2nd gear and alot of smoke comes off the tires.

whats wrong with my car? :)

:lol: still in my clutch break in period by another 100 miles but damn I just couldnt help it. 2k clutch drop and the thing instantly hits the limiter while the tires start thier initial ascent into the atmosphere. 2nd gear comes quick and is more of the same, a slight lift on the accelerator and she hooks up, scooting along quit nicely. Even with all the dramatics Gtech indicates 6.12 0-60...not bad for 5 PSI and a pig rich map. Lots more potential in her. Already I'm driven to turn that boost up....lord help me.

I've heard of some people breaking ring lands, and cooking their motor just by turning the boost up;-) MAN turbos are the best arent they!!

Control the temptations to turn up the boost....At least for now anyway.

As far as your traction problems...I suggest some wider tires and rims and a coilover ground control kit. After that a few runs around the backroads for therapeutic reasons.

No doubt, I have an extra set of swats that I will throw some DRs on after I sort every other problem with the car. Drivability and reliability is number one right now.

Car is already on coilovers (non sectioned) I will be sectioning the struts this winter and adding some illuminas. Wheel and tire upgrade is already in the works, along with 13" wilwoods. It's been hard to resist turning up the boost a bit but I know my tune is crap, I dont want to risk breaking anything just yet. Picture below is from my backroad test drive last night. Its hard to pass up a drive when its 75 degrees and near perfect outside. :)

Nahhhhh, really? I know you don't have any experience with breaking internal stuff :)

and yes, Turbos are addictive...but It's one addiction that I'm perfectly ok with.

eveningZ.jpg

Two words and phrase and a comment...

Drag Radials,

Turn up the boost,

If you aren't afraid of the car breaking then it isn't at its full potential:-D

Hahahaha.... I'm always afraid my DD will break...But I guarantee it's no where near full potential.