HybridZ

Minimum wage going up to $7.10?!?!?

280zwitha383

My immediate thoughts were what are they thinking? I'm not going to be able to buy a burger. Prices of everything are going to go up. Maybe my company will give us a proportional raise. I haven't seen anything else about this and they said it wouldn't be in full effect until 2009 with a $.70 bump at some point, another $.70 bump and then the full $7.10 in September(?) 2009. What do you think?

Actually, with all the whining I've been having to listen to about how 'high' gas prices are...this actually becomes a welcome change!

See, when I was a kid working minimum wage ($3.35) the gas price shot from .68 to $1.41 in about a month and a half. I didn't complain then, and FINALLY the minimum wage will 'catch up' to the same ratio it was back then in 1981. (The former highpoint in gasoline pricing all-time highs...) Figuring inflation alone, from 81 to now, that gas should be $3.25, and Minimum wage should be around $7.25. So hopefully will quash the minimum wage whiners carping about gas prices.

That's the highpoint for me...

As for the rest... meh! Here we go again... I should join a union so I get an Indexed Factor of Minimum Wage for my rate instead of salary... muahahahaha!

If your worried about minimum wage ya should not be on this site .. ya should be on a site for the Prius and in school ..so ya don't give a ♥♥♥♥ what minimum anything is ... Get a real Job that comes from an Education..