HybridZ

Floor pan

I just purchased a Z car with a rusty floor panel on the drivers side. It definately needs replacement but I was wondering since I have no welding skills if there might be an easy way to do this. I have heard of people using fiberglass which I also have no experiance with. Perhaps I could sand the rust down and patch the holes with something. Just so long as it does not ruin the strength of the vehicle.

indeed. to make it easier, what you could do is rivet it in place, and then when they welder gets to your house (find them on craigslist, and ask for pics of their work, and show them the project), then they can fasten it up for good, and you can be on your way.

shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 hours to get everything ready for primer if you have the floor plates put in place nicely

great suggestions guys I'd have never thought of riveting and then welding I can probably weld it on my own if the rivets are in place, not very well mind you but it should hold the floor pan on long enough for me to sell it eh :)

as long as you leave the seat brackets in place, you're fine.

shitty welds are the reason a lot of people buy grinding discs and carbide burs =)

make use of them

Guest Aguyandaredhead

I have one of Charlie Osborne's floor pans (zeddfindings) for the driver side that I did not need if you are interested. Let me know and I am sure we can work something out. As most everyone on here know's his system is considered to be the best.

Jeff