HybridZ

Nitrous on the stock FI 280z

hawaiiz

Aloha All - Im playing with the idea of adding nitrous to my stock FI motor. Just for the fun of it really. Nothing over the top but a extra 30 to 50 hp on demand would be cool to play with (especiily if confronted at a stop light or playing chase wit a ricer)

Im looking for more information or links on who did what and how well the results were. I did some searches but only came up with V8 stuff.

Thanks in advanced. HawaiiZ

If you are going to do it I would go at least 75, or 100. I have nitrous on my 800cc twin cylinder snowmobile, and have a 50 shot which puts me at 200+hp. It is great fun, but in a car, 30 or 50 wouldn't be worth the time or money spent IMO.

yea most stock motors SHOULD be able to take a 100shot. DONT GO LEAN! as soon as you go lean, you will fry rings, warp heads, blow gaskets as detonation is very likely to happen. i was planing on doing this in my 240. i talked to this guy who builds nsx motors here in cali, he said always go wet.

Econony - Wet was always in the plans. But I had thoughts of using the cold start injector as the wet injector. What do you think about that idea?? Questions

1 Using the cold start injector as the wet fuel injector

2 And if so what would be the reccomenned N20 shot - 30,50,75,100?

3 Where to put the N20 gas injector

4 How to wire it - I have electronics experience.

HawaiiZ

Edit - Some thoughts

I really like to design and build, but the rear drum to disk with usable parking brake sucked up 20+ hours so any ideas on this Idea is much appreiciated. Mahalo HawaiiZ

The fogger style are superior to the other styles out there in my opinion, as they inject nitrous, and fuel through the same nozzle, which helps in atomization. Also more tuneability just by changing fuel, and nitrous jets in the nozzles. If I ever get my Z running, I will eventually put a NOS sportsman fogger kit on, and have a nozzle in each runner. It comes in a kit for a V8, but I'll just have some spare parts. I will probably go with 20-25hp per hole so 120-150 shot.