HybridZ

school loans + z31 + rb25 = HybridZ yes or no?

typhoone

Okay, let me start by saying that i have no real money problems, i am just far from good at saving up my money. I really want a hybridz, and i have been thinking about taking out a decent sized student loan this coming school year. I have scholarships that take care of all of my tuition and books, so i could take out a loan and put all of that into my car and bank account. There is a shop that is just opening up in my town and the owner has already done a full rb25 swap into a 280, and i was talking to him about doing my swap. He said that he could do a full rb25/26 swap into my Z in ONE WEEK for 1,500-1,800. At MAX it would be two weeks, and that is with problems. i have looked at his car, and the car that he has done the swap into and it is nice. He knows his swaps, he does it right, and he doesn't cut corners. Of course i would have to pay for the motor, but i have talked with my sponsor and they will kick in and help with the costs of course.

So here is my question, i am going to be a Junior this year, and as of yet i haven't taken out any loans during my college career and the payments would be reasonable plus i wouldn't have to pay anything until 6 months after i have graduated. Is it a good idea? It seems like a good idea, but let me know what you think.

thanks for any and all opinions.

-Typhoone

One of the stupidest financial decisions I've heard in a long time. Getting out of school debt free is worth more than any car you would end up with. Which by the way will end up being a money pit. They guy will end up charging way more than you expect, the motor will end up needing parts and a rebuild. It will go on and on.

Get out of school, get a job, learn to save, save, pay cash for toys!

Okay, let me start by saying that i have no real money problems,

Yes you do!, there's a huge hole at the bottom of your pocket, go ahead, take a look.

If you don't have money problems now, thats great, drive your car and continue to be happy. But DON'T take out a loan that will charge interest to spend on something that can only depreciate. It just doesn't make any mathematical sense at all.

But hey, I'm just another voice on the internet. Please go to any of your local banks, and talk to the qualified loan officers there. Tell them you'd like to take out a loan to put a bigger engine in a 20+ year old car.

Guest Death69
One of the stupidest financial decisions I've heard in a long time. Getting out of school debt free is worth more than any car you would end up with. Which by the way will end up being a money pit. They guy will end up charging way more than you expect, the motor will end up needing parts and a rebuild. It will go on and on.

Get out of school, get a job, learn to save, save, pay cash for toys!

exactly! my brother went to college and was a complete idiot. he bought clothes, shoes, didnt save up any money to help pay for college. my parents had to get him out of 60,000 dollars of debt, and they were considering making him pay for it himself to "teach him a lesson". Just save up, cars come and go, but that college debt can list forever!

Dang, i don't think i have ever seen so much negative feedback in one thread. lol.. Well, guess i will just have to try and work out some deals and do a lot of talking with my sponsor etc and try and get this done the other way. lol. Thanks for all the Common Sense Smacks. lol.

Okay, let me start by saying that i have no real money problems, i am just far from good at saving up my money. I really want a hybridz, and i have been thinking about taking out a decent sized student loan this coming school year. I have scholarships that take care of all of my tuition and books, so i could take out a loan and put all of that into my car and bank account. There is a shop that is just opening up in my town and the owner has already done a full rb25 swap into a 280, and i was talking to him about doing my swap. He said that he could do a full rb25/26 swap into my Z in ONE WEEK for 1,500-1,800. At MAX it would be two weeks, and that is with problems. i have looked at his car, and the car that he has done the swap into and it is nice. He knows his swaps, he does it right, and he doesn't cut corners. Of course i would have to pay for the motor, but i have talked with my sponsor and they will kick in and help with the costs of course.

So here is my question, i am going to be a Junior this year, and as of yet i haven't taken out any loans during my college career and the payments would be reasonable plus i wouldn't have to pay anything until 6 months after i have graduated. Is it a good idea? It seems like a good idea, but let me know what you think.

thanks for any and all opinions.

-Typhoone

If your not good at saving up, what happened if something comes up and you gotta drop out of school? You would have to save up and pay the school loan rightaway. Remember, the loan says you don't have to pay it back as long as you are in school or until you graduate. Think its a bad idea? Just have fun with your car, save up money, cut back on going out all the time and you will have that money in no time.

• 9 months later...
Guest blackhyb

i say do it i would. why not you only live once and it the lowest intrest rate your going to get so the hell with it do it what do you really have to lose as long as you have job why they hell not