HybridZ

1986 200sx turbo differential

maxtor

No, I am taking him at his word. It is at a parts recycle place. I asked him to check to make sure that it was a lsd. He said that it was. I had him rotate one axle and make sure the other turned in the same direction, and he said that it did. We will see what it looks like when it arrives.

Unless someone installed an LSD in it later in life, it shouldn't be a posi. The only long nose R200 that came with LSD was the 87-89 300ZX turbo, in the US anyway. I have the 200SX turbo diff as well. Mine is 4.11 and was open, and I swapped the LSD from a 300ZXT into it. Moving post to drivetrain forum.

They are shipping it up to Northern Ca. for a total cost of $266.50

If its a 3.90 R200 with a limited slip, you just got a great deal. If not, you just paid about $166.50 too much. Also, turning wheels does NOT indicate if a rear end housing contains a LSD unit. It never has and never will. Forget anyone ever mentioned that little fable.

Thanks for all the information...I finally found the drivetrain section. Sorry...

I see some good information with the sticky's.

Looks like I paid $166.50 to much, but that is ok. I might just weld the spiders on this one, and use it for drag racing only. It will probably take me a week or two to read all the good posts in this section.

Thanks again

Maxtor.