HybridZ

tranny issues, tried searching

Guest stupid fast

Guest stupid fast

i tried searching but couldn't find anything on it. anyways to make a long story short, i have a standard 4 speed and for some ood reason it wont go into gear while the car is running, and when i slam it into gear the car moves, example: i slam it into 1 gear grinding the gears and the car starts moving forward, and same thing happend with reverse. clutch also feels soft, did i break a shift fork or something?? please help me out, thanks

First off, stop the slamming it into gears, or you will have a toasted trans. :nono:

The problem to me sounds like your clutch needs to be adjusted, either by adjusting the rod on the slave (if it has the adj rod on the slave), or you may have air in the system, and need to bleed the clutch master cyl.

What happened to cause this? Were you replacing something in the clutch system that could have caused this, or what? Is your clutch master cyl full of fluid? Please give more info....

Guest stupid fast

i think i might filled the clutch with too much fluid, i did this 3 days ago and cant go into gear anymore, and whats up with the moving car when slammed into gears??

i think i might filled the clutch with too much fluid, i did this 3 days ago and cant go into gear anymore, and whats up with the moving car when slammed into gears??

I doubt there is anything wrong with your trans. It sounds like you no longer have a working clutch. Thats whats up with the car moving when you slam it into gear while running....

You said the clutch feels soft, well, common sense dictates its the clutch thats causing your problem...

Try finding out where the fluid is leaking, and fix that, then bleed the system.

Pretty sure that will take care of that. :icon14:

Guest stupid fast

holy crap! my stupid ass put fluid in the wrong reservoir. ahahha thanks for the help guys, im a new z owner so dont know whats where. thanks for the help i appreciate it.

Guest stupid fast

damn it guys my slave cylinder went out on me, thank god for discount from my work place i get a brand new one for $12 hahah, thanks guys.