HybridZ

Other options for marker lights

I'm customizing my ZX, adding flares, replacing the entire taillight panel, body kit, etc. One think I need to do is to replace the marker lights. I absolutely hate the bulging rectangular stock lights and want to go with something that mounts more or less flush with the car. My original thoughts were to mount them into the MSA body kit, but that'll put them below the required 18 inches off the ground.

I'm looking for suggestions on donor vehicles. Most of whats out there these days wrap the tail lights around the corners of the car covering both brake lights and marker lights in one, I need separate lights. I've seen some on a hyundai, or ford focus, any other suggestions ? Something with style or a cool shape would be nice.

IHow about Mini Cooper side markers???

800px-Mini_cooper_photographed_by_jonas_m_luster_2005-05-14.jpg

I work a BMW so, if you need some, I could try to cannibalise some from one of the many smashed cars we have at the bodyshop.

You could just cut the vent part or build something interesting using the vents. Orange is not far from red so, it could easily be dyed red.

Look into motorcycle marker lights. catalogs like dennis kirk have multitudes of lights from flush mount to surface mount with smoke lenses with amber or red bulbs or any other combination. Thats what i plan on going with when i get to that point. should wire right in too because most bikes run 12v now days.

I use Suzuki Esteem or Aerio sidemarkers. 2000 up to about 2005 work great they fit the S30 directly with no problems. You may need to drill holes for the 280ZX Add bullet connectors to attach to the original harness.