HybridZ

BMW 1 Series coming spring 2008

BayAreaZT

I don't know if anyone has read about this car yet but it's looking like the second coming of the 2002. Obviously the styling is controversial and not for everyone but the 135i will sport the same twin turbo straight six from the 335 in a lighter chassis with 50/50 wieght distribution. 300 ft lbs at 1400 rpm :icon6:. Vishnu is already talking +100whp and +126lb ft of torque with a chip for the 335i.

http://www.motortrend.com/future/future_vehicles/112_0706_2008_bmw_1_series

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=523

112_0606_11z+2008_bmw_1_series+side_static.jpg

112_0606_09z+2008_bmw_1_series+rear_three_quarter.jpg

I road test the 335 almost every day at work and let me tell you this, NOTHING in the BMW line-up can catch the 335 COUPE from 1 red light to the other. It's faster off the line than M3, M5 and even the M6 until 3rd gear.

There's absolutely NO lag from those 2 small snails.

I can only imagine how this engine will do in a smaller car...

I'll try to find more info, about weight and other specs, from work tomorrow.

There's also an hatch back version that looks kind of weird but, it's slowly growing on me.

02_2007_03_07__16_36_50_730.jpg04_2007_01_18__15_11_16_114.jpg

09_2007_01_18__15_13_53_989.jpg

335 coupe is my realistic dream car right now... they are straight up sexy. Im not a fan of the sedan but the coupes are RIGHT. With mods the turbo six with stomp the new m3 I believe.

Hopefully they will be cheaper by the time I get out of college :) Liking the one too!

I'm hoping to scoop up a used 335 in a few years too...

If you do buy a used one, you better buy a BMW certified from the dealership, as the certified vehicles we sell have the same warranty as a new car.

When used bimmers get out of warranty, they are insanely expensive to keep in good repair.

Just an example here, a catalyzer for a E46 is about $1500, the straight six has 2 of them, on the E90 335, the turbo comes only with the catalyzer so, if one cat. goes bad, you'll probably be looking at something like $4000 for only 1 turbine/cat., if the two goes south, you're near 10 grands as these variable intake nozzle turbines are out of price.

Most people who think that they made a good deal buying there bimmer from the used car lot, often want to hang themselves when they come to see us to get there new baby inspected and learn that they have anywhere between 2 & 10 grands to put in, to bring it back to it's original splendor.

i like it. always been a bimmer fan. i wouldnt mind owning one of those at all. i drove my freands 335 and the car is amazing in everyway. when i got back in my z it felt like a damn shell. havent drivin the z since btw. its in the back yard swaping in an ls1. haha.