HybridZ

Ford 8.8 IRS - Has any one serioulsy thought about this?

bodie

swapping the corba irs over but using the center section, shorting the axles and using the ford hubs.

elimanating the datsun stub axle.

the only problem i see will be the wheel bearings, making th ford one fit, find one off a diffrent car to make work or have custom ones built.

been thinking about this and wonder if it can or has been done.

Actually I think it has been done. Do a search on Ford IRS and see what comes up.

Also I think you will get more useful replies if you change the title of this thread to something like "anyone done a Ford IRS swap?".

I know I don't open every thread, especially ones with nebulous descriptions like yours. People like to brag about their work, so give them a reason to open your post

Also I think you will get more useful replies if you change the title of this thread to something like "anyone done a Ford IRS swap?".

I know I don't open every thread, especially ones with nebulous descriptions like yours. People like to brag about their work, so give them a reason to open your post

Good point Pop. I changed the title to reflect what is actually in the thread. By the way bodie, I think that is Hybrid Z Rule #3; make the title easy to understand so that the post doesn't have to be opened to know what is inside. Makes it easier for the next guy searching through the database.

sorry guys about the title

i search and found some ford irs swap but i oculdnt find any pic or info on how?

i know swapping the diff ove is the easy part, but i want to replaced the stub shaft with the ford axle and hub assembly

It is quite a bit of work. I have been working on swapping a MarkVIII 8.8 and fabricated all of the suspension> i went with an upper and lower control arm, and had axles machined for the correct length. I went with the knuckles from the Mark, Cobra hubs (because the mark has goofy bolt patterns) and cobra brakes. It isnt complete, but it is a lot of work, and about $2000 or so in cost.