HybridZ

Two Rights = not a left.

So, I have two right swing arms. Basically, my luck sucks. The powdercoat guy got it, counted 18 pieces and gave it back to me. The shop sent it out to sandblast. I think they messed it up. Sigh. If its not one thing, its the other thing. Just to prove that 2 rights don't make a left. Maybe 3 would.

tworightsoe8.th.jpg

Figures. :rolleyesg

Also, anybody no where this comes from? I think its a bracket from the differential somewhere, but I'm drawing a blank.

bracketmg8.th.jpg

The captive bolts are used on the transmission to rear mount pad. This looks a bit like the remains of a broken rear mount, but may just be a reinforcing part used there. It would help if you revealed what model are you actually working on. Lots of variations between years of Z cars, plus 25 years of "creative repairs" to deal with.

Dammit. I feel dumb. Anybody got an answer to the bracket question?

Thanks- Whis

The two bolts with the sides shaved off are the dead giveaway on this one... those bolts fit your transmission tail shaft mount. When you look at the transmission where the mounts are drop the bolts through (on the tail shaft) so the shaved head is facing upwards and the threaded portion faces downwards, rotate the bolt and it will drop into place when the flat (shaved side) is lined up properly. The metal strap looks to me like it is the correct width to cross under the tail shaft and tie the two sides of the mount together