HybridZ

Need help choosing wheels again

I had purchased some Advans a while ago, hoping I good get them to fit with adaptors. Now I cant find anyone who even makes adaptors anymore so decided to sell them, someone should be picking them up today.

So now Im back to trying to figure out what wheels I want. Im trying to stay away from adaptors and spacers, although a small spacer wouldnt bother me. I know Im not going to find a bolt on wheel in the size I want so this time Im not going ot be so picky.

The only options iv come up with so far for wheels that might bolt on are, SPortmaxx 002's in silver 16x8 and possibly rota RB's in slivler? 16x8 or 17x8.5 in +4 offset? not sure if the 17's would fit? On both the 16x8's I think I may need a small spacer alteast in the back because I dont think they fit flush enough on the ZX. any suggestions on what would look and fit good on my car would be apreciated.

Rotas..

http://www.rotawheel.com/rb1.htm

Sportmax..

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=118865

heres some pics for reference

DSC_0544.jpg

DSC_0549.jpg

I have always thought that the sportmax 002's have spokes that are just to small, seeing that you have a 280 zx I would personally go with the Sportmax 501's on that particular car since they closely resemble OEM 280zx 6 spokes which are widely considered to be the nicest OEM wheels Nissan made for these vehicles. The 501's are now available in 16x8 and have a fairly low offset, I have seen adapters (spacers) that are 15 mm that would fit perfectly with these wheels on your 280zx. Here is what they look like in silver, they have them in black and gunmetal as well, good luck!!:

Here is Sportmax's website you can see this wheel in the different colors.

http://www.sportmaxwheel.com/sportmax_501.shtml#

sportmax501sil1.jpg

seeing as I will probably end up with some 16x8 wheels. What size tires should I run? I was thinking 225/50/16 front and 245/45/16 rear? what size tires what i need for them not to stretch or bulge, but fit perfectly?

That is a very good combination, many people are running that configuration on their Z's, the tire height is almost identical front and back. You are like me, I do not like the extreme stretched tire look.

hmmm, at first I didnt really like those 501's but after seeing the red AE86 w/ the silver 501's I really like them. I wonder how they would look on my car? thanks for posting that Lorenzo

I to wonder how these would look on a 240, 280 and 280zx, not sure if anyone is running them on here but if anyone has any pictures we would love to see some, I still feel that these would look excellent on the 280zx since the look is very close to the stock 6 spokes. :icon6:

thanks again for the help. Now that you mention it Im surprised not more Z owners are running those wheels. Iv actually heard people say they wish they could widen some ZX 5 spokes. And thats exactly what they look like. and the offset is terribly high on them like a lot of other sportmax wheels.