HybridZ

Went to Speedworld....Here is my story...

ZDrifter

Well I took the Z out to Speedworld saturday night to get a couple runs in before I put the ECU in and get to tuning. On the way there the clutch started slipping in 4th and 5th gear.....great... But I wasnt going to let it ruin my night so I said the hell with it. Arrived at the track when the gates opened and went to tech.. I dont have a DOT approved helmet so the fastest I could run was a 14.00, so I figured I would just take it easy the first couple runs and then make a good strong pass. So when I Passed tech I drove to the staging lanes. After waiting for two hours of track prep...yes two hours after the gates open I finally get to line up.

Alright, time for the first run. Im in the right lane and in the left a stock 93 Mustang Cobra. Im thinking to myself....Alright take it easy, havent ran this track yet and I want to make some runs for fun so I dont have to quit early... First yellow, Second yellow, Third..hit it! I launch about 2,500rpm, little chirp of the tires and I take off. Hit second gear running about 75& throttle, hit third gear...clutch starts slipping....damn... and I get out of it because I dont know what Im gonna run and I dont want below 14.00. Im about a 3rd of the way down the track when I let off and Im about 5 car lengths ahead of the mustang and he passes me for the win..I chuckle hehe...

Second run...Im in the left lane and I get matched up to a 2006ish Dodge diesel....I have seen diesels back home, there is no way Im getting beat by a diesel... I stage... First yellow, bring RPMS up to 4,000rpm..Second yellow...Third...Hit it!! Spinning....spinning...7,000rpm, hit second..spinning..spinning..grab! Hit third gear..get to about 3,000rpm clutch slipping...damn...let off to about 60% throttle and cross the line with a 14.22, Diesel around 4 lengths behind me finishing with a 16.2. Well atleast I beat him hehe...

Third run... Im in the left lane and in the right a blue '68 camaro...tubbed..full drag car...haha great.. First yellow...Im thinking well hell I better do something cool because I sure cant beat this guy...Second yellow bring revs up to 6,000rpm...Third yellow Hit it!! SPINNING....whao..SPINNING...2nd gear...SPINNING...SPINNING... Third gear...Third gear...GO INTO THIRD GEAR!! Alright no third gear...Go into 4th and cross the line with a 15.2...Hmmm..Put it in second and pull up to get my time slip..Go into first...grind...not gonna happen...Put it in second take of to the parking lot...Stop the car...Go into 1st...ok 2nd ok..3rd ok...4th ok...5th..ok.. reverse ok... Park it for the night and watch for a little more..

On the drive home clutch slips in 3rd, 4th and 5th now...:-( You know what that means...time for a new clutch..a stronger one...hehe Going to be a couple months tho...bills come first I guess..but I will have to take it easy on the Z from now until then. Hope you enjoy the story!! I got scared there for a bit!! haha