HybridZ

Cool wheels (pics), sizing question

I think I found the set of wheels I'm going to buy for my 280z, I think they'll really look awesome! The wheels are 17'' by 7.5'' with a 40 offset. From what I understand, I can run a 245-50/17 tire in the back with coilovers and the stock fender lip (no flare). My question is with the offset. What offset do I need to bolt up these wheels and tires without them going past the stock fender lip? Will the 40 offset be ok? If not, can I use a spacer to get the offset were it should be? What can I do to fit these wheels. PLEASE I need advice! All help appreciated! Thanks:)

(link to wheel below)

(They come in four lug too)

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=wheelCloseUp&wheelMake=American+Racing+Muscle&wheelModel=Razor&wheelFinish=Silver+w%2FMachined+Lip

40 offset will NOT bolt up without rubbing on the strut. I and others have spent a lot of time explaining how to figure out offset in a lot of these threads, so quick search for "will these wheels fit my car?" type of threads should turn up something useful.

I know that stock wheels on the first gens are 0 offset so finding a set of wheels to fit that are not the sport max/panasport series is tough. Anybody know how I can search for 0 offset wheels. If I find wheels that not exactly 0 offset (but are close) what are my limitations to using spacers. O by the way, I did search alot!

There used to be many more wheel choices in this segment back when there were more cars on the road that required them. You're probably better off looking on ebay or used wheel sites like www.rbmotoring.com or www.pandagarage.com to get some retrotastic wheels. Or, you could get some new-old wheels like the Impul Silhouette from www.impul.co.jp, and I think Work still offers some of the classic styles in their new wheels catalog. If your budget can handle it, there's always www.kodiakracingwheels.com who will make you some custom wheels to your specifications. 0 offset will only work up to about 8" wide, then you need to start shopping for negative offsets. You can have about 4.5" of backspacing on standard struts, and a bit more on coilovers but I don't know exactly how much.

17 x 7 +40, and probably 17 x 7.5 + 40 will fit using wheel adapters. You can get adapters from Modern Motorsports or other places as well:

http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=6&PHPSESSID=0b28a52775df90487a594ce04609ed17

http://www.technotoytuning.com/productdetail.php?p=356

I currently have 17 x7 +40 wheels with adapters, but I will be selling them as I picked up larger wheels today.

What about Centerline...that's where I got my wheels. It's been a few years ago, but someone here helped put together a deal with them. They had a special page we could go to and pick the wheel then the offset and everything. Look at my avatar, thats the wheels I got.

Jason