HybridZ

Pictures of Ross' 240SX rear disk swap stuff

Guest Anonymous

I agree, thats some nice stuff there that Ross is selling. Love the cnc brackets very nice. I agree with Scottie, I've yet to meet (online, havn't met in person) a Hybrid'er who did business that wasn't straight up. Support the few hybrid'ers who sell it, because without them, well you have two options and both of them are slow and expensive and one is unliked by Mike :D , need any further hints?

Regards,

Lone

VA driver,

my fronts, until recently were 4-lugs. The 5-lugs on the rear is standard for the C4 IRS I have installed. I am finsihing up the 5-lug conversion with C4 12" brakes for the fronts but the Z hub cannot support the wide Chevy 5x4.75 bolt pattern. I am using late Chevy style wheels with a very deep BS and have to make my own adaptor.

I also bought Ross C's brackets and they are STRONG! Be aware that they are raw steel and will rust unless you get some kind of coating on there--I wanted to coat them with a high quality clear, but I had this bottle of ricer yellow caliper paint just staring me in the face! :D

Davy

smile.gif Yummy. It's so nice to open a box and be greeted with the word 'Brembo'. The brackets are beautifully finished, the lines are awesome. He included the hardware to bolt it up. I have everything except a couple of banjo bolts which I ordered from Nissan today. The calipers aren't in the picture because they're too dirty and ugly smile.gif

DCP_1739.JPG

It's a great setup! I'm going to get his CV conversion set up as well as soon as I get the blankety blank hubs off my parts car. I painted my caliper brackets with Eastwood Chassis Black the day I got them. I'm going to mask off the rotors and paint with Eastwood Disc Brake caliper paint on the "hats". I can't wait to get the whole rear done as the stock 240 stubs are clanking like nobody's business!

FYI: I too have Ross's rear brake conversion kit. Beautiful. To complete the conversion my calipers needed the banjo bolts and washers to mount the ss lines. I went to Nissan today and ordered them up. If others need the hardware, here are the # and prices.

Washers (called gasket) 46237-A4600 $.44 each (4 needed)

Bolt (hose) 46356-0E000 $4.09 (2 needed)

I installed the brakes today, all is good except the E-brake, I am a little confused how to get it working as I haven't seen any pictures anywhere else. It took me pretty much all of today (from 10AM to 5:30PM) but I was working in less than ideal conditions... in a parking lot, on a slope, with tools that are very fussy. I ended up cutting the backing plates off with a sawzall, a hacksaw, a dremel, a propane torch, a screwdriver, and a hammer... bonk.gif Actually, it can be done with just the hacksaw, dremel, and the propane torch. You can't reach the very last inner part that contacts the hub so I ended up heating up that metal and pounding it/bending it/ working at it with the screwdriver till it came free. The first one took a good hour and a half and the second probably only half an hour, since I had the technique down. Then I had some more trouble with the brake lines, one of them was frozen and took about an hour and a half to remove, after turning it from a hexagon into a complete roundagon... Otherwise the lines went together pretty well, I got the 20" hardline in nice and clean with the stock hangers, the passenger side is a little twisted but I guess I will live with it... that side doesn't have swivelling fittings. I am unsure how the e-brake works, I swapped the lines left and right like Ross recommended. One pin goes through the end of the cable and the adapter and is pinned in with the cotter pin, got it, that's like stock... then the other end of the adapter...? Best I can figure is that the pin goes through and the cotter pin goes through that, and the pin rests in a groove on the end of the arm on the caliper. It really doesn't seem secure...

I'm super pissed though.. because I took a ton of pictures and now it turns out that none of them got saved to the memory card... My dad dropped teh camera and broke the battery lid and... damn. long story. When I remove the wheels again to bleed the system I will take some more pictures. I wanted to have an illustrated story but I'm afraid it's not going to happen.. i don't really feel like disassembling everything and putting it back together again.

Nion,

I'm having the same problems as you. With the e-brake AND the camera. My camera is being repaired now...

Anyway, I have two questions for anyone using this stuff. I shoulda asked Dave while we were at Tim240z's house.

Ebrake cable, has a brass or copper fitting on the end which the cable goes thru. One side is bare metal while one side has the push-on hose over it. What side mounts up against the wheel-side of the caliper arm? I tried it two ways and still can't seem to get the horse shoe clip to hold the cable in place. I don't have the 240SX horse shoe clip so maybe that's the prob.

When I have the metal fitting flush against the diff-side of the ebrake arm, it doesn't stick out far enough for me the install a clip.

Cotter pin. I received on long cotter pin per side. Is this supposed to go thru both holes of the two posts? Or does each post need it's own pin?

Hope someone can give some answers.

Thanks!

Owen