HybridZ

Flooding while cranking

naviathan

Ok I figured it out and I know have an RPM signal, but I'm not getting any spark at all. Everything is hooked up properly, I'm getting fuel (I can smell it) but the timing light I've got hooked up to show spark isn't flashing. When it's on the stim the IGN LED flashes so I assume that means it's out putting something. Any ideas?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I now have spark on every cylinder except #1 again. I think I'm just going to go buy new plugs, wires cap and rotor now. Even though these aren't that old it's still not cranking. Someone beat me over the head with a bat please. It might be more productive.

Lol. Reminds me of a time I was about to hang myself, Couldn't find the problem. Turned out my brand new NGK's had broken inside the insulator. Checked everything getting spark from every wire, fuel , etc. Would have never guessed it was the brand new plugs.

I'm up! Well sort of. I had my timing way too low. I set my trigger offset to 82 and I was able to get it start and stay running long enough to get a datalog. I had to keep feathering the gas pedal to get it going and keep it going. I think it's now a fuel issue, but I'm not sure. Here's a couple datalogs. Help me out!

datalog200707211732.zip

datalog200707211746.zip

Thanks cygnus. I'm still tossing between timing and fuel. I'm not sure if I still need to tweek the timing some or go ahead and start messing with the fuel. I'm leaning more on the timing right now. I think that if I can get it to idle then I'll start playing with the fuel settings and smoothing things out.

Timing is easy. Ramp all your timing cells from idle 15btdc up to about 25-30btdc at 3000 rpm. Fill in the ENTIRE chart with 25-30 for all cells higher then 3000 rpms. This should be good enough for you to start making it driveable with the VE table. I am not sure what timing an N/A normally idles at but 15 should keep it fired.

Once you have it running, you can go back and mess with the timing later.

MAKE SURE YOUR TIMING SHOWN IN MEGATUNE MATCHES THE CRANK PULLEY WITH A TIMING LIGHT.

Get it set idling at about 1000 rpms, 15btdc, and 12.5:1 AFR. That should net a pretty smooth idle.

That won't work with my setup. I'm running it off the VR sensor with no ignition module. I'm figuring somewhere around 50 would be a starting point. I'm still working with it though. It took 82 degrees to get it where it is now, but that was just using settings from the forum. I think it's not idling because I have the timing too high.