HybridZ

do you have to put the chrome molding when replacing windshield?

Guest adamngo

Guest adamngo

i am replacing my windshield and was wondering if the chrome molding is a must.... i like the all black look, please let me know

thanks

I have had no problems without the trim installed, in my 77. This may be due to using Nissan sourced weatherstrips, installed as specifed in FSM, with adhesive / sealant, which I installed all by myself! (Now that was fun, I don't ever remember sweating so much!)

My car is a daily driver in NJ/PA, year round rain and snow, now near 40,000 miles in 20 months. No signs of leaks, no signs of the windows popping out. I drive fast, wth the windows open on I-95. If, the glass hits the pavement, I will let you know!

You could get the trim powdercoated black, it would give a more finished look cause, without the trim, once you get within 10 feet from the car, it kinda looks funny with the recess in the rubbers with 2 lips protruding on each sides.

But, as stated by metallicar, I removed them because they were starting to rust and had no problems. that god damned windshield is so hard to remove without cutting the rubber (read: I broke mine trying to remove it) I don't think it'll just pop out by itself. Just my $0.02