HybridZ

Back From The Exhaust Shop (Pics)

This is true...

They could go up a few inches higher, but I'd be burning my legs daily.

Real soon you're going to be so sorry you didn't notch the frame and raise those pipes up instead of worrying about burning your leg. Five years of having sidepipes has taught me that speed bumps, entrances and exits to parking lots, dips in the road, bad roads, and driveways will "grab" your attention very quickly.

Sidepipe_and_mounting_hardware_001_2_.jpg

LARRY

Do you still have the stock suspension in the front? you must because the car is sitting very high. Trust me, if you drop your car down where a lowered Z supposed to be those pipes will be 2" off the ground. I did the exhaust on my friend's LS1 Z without cutting the frame and he drove it for one day and I had to cut it out and raised it up. Also in order to save your leg from burning you can tug the pipe as close as possible to the lower rocker.

Here is a picture of mine without the shield

2079260_315.jpg

I remember seeing this car in person and it does sit up very high. I think the guys are right here, if that car is lowered at all I def will see problems even on regular roads. Any type of road elevation change at any decent speed may cause an issue. Also what happens "if" you are breaking down and need to pull off the road.....example shopping area....will you be able to clear the "sidewalk" just to pull in. I know you say it is a Sunday driver but you can't always plan the roads and what will happen.

Clive

The Z looks great with the sidepipes !!! I had to put sidepipes on my as well. If you ever decide to raise the sidepipes up another 2-4 inches, there is way. The only thing is it involves cutting inside the valance and cutting the front fender, and some welding. I have thank Rusty (GAZRNR) for his instructions, and I took his idea a few steps further.

sidepipes_2nd_time_install_passenger_side.JPG

sidepipes_2nd_time_install_passenger_side_5.JPG