HybridZ

hughdogz's 1982 280ZX-T

hughdogz

Didn't get much further tonight, but at least I'm pretty sure the oil feed and drain lines will fit. Not sure if I'm going to go through with the oil cooler yet, but I wanted to test fit the sandwich plate and fittings...

Back to oil filter service tomorrow to pick up some more AN fittings for the head cooling lines. I also need to get various fasteners at Parkrose hardware soon.

At this rate, I'll never have it ready for Canby this weekend :redface: I'll see how much further I can get tonight.

motor_10.jpg

motor_11.jpg

motor_12.jpg

motor_13.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Well, I haven't been doing much of anything on the ZXT lately. Here are some pics of the R200 KAAZ LSD carrier and Nissan Competition (Eurospec?) Z31 finnded diff cover:

KAAZ_LSD.jpg

exh_diff.jpg

diff1.jpg

diff2.jpg

diff3.jpg

The diff cover already has provisions for an oil cooler...I may go that route someday ;)

diff3.jpg

The diff cover already has provisions for an oil cooler...I may go that route someday ;)

Great ZX however id like to point out that on the stock s130 zx turbo in europe there where oil coolers, like on the z31's! Though the holes you point out are designated for the the sensors, the cooled diff has a filter and tube in the cover and dumps the cooled oil back through a hole where the breather is in normal diffs ( on the pinion)

ill shoot some pics when i open mine up

z31's that were sold in Europe have diff and gearbox oil coolers fitted These units have a Hitachi piston type 12 volt pump to circulate oil.

Part # for the pumps 21660-37P00 and 37P01. they set you back 400usd so id go Tilton (a cooler and pump at Summit set you back about 200! better deal if you ask me)

Edited by frank280zx

Frank, thanks for the info! I totally appreciate it :)

That's cool we can post in each others project pages now ;)

CopperDatsunn76, I hope we can meet again sometime this Summer!

Edited by hughdogz
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

All your pics are gone!! Been following your thread for a long time and I'm getting ready to start rebuilding my 280zx, so I had to come back to get inspiration.

If you need some place to host pics, a good place to start is imgur.com. Super quick / easy to get them up. ( and free )

So would you consider making another exhaust, and if so for how much? :D

• 2 months later...

Getting a mandrel bent exhaust for the 280ZXT is a tough business. JeffP made a handful but they were too much bother. I've approached a few companies and they just weren't interested. I have yet to figure out how to get one done other than custom. It's too bad because you can get a decent 2.5" one from MSA but nothing for the turbos... not even a downpipe...