HybridZ

Exhaust smell Begone!

Xnke

After reading a LOT on the elimination of the exhaust fumes from the Z, I'm going to try something else.

I want to move the exhaust, as well as seal up all the holes. Instead of running the exhaust straight out the back, has anyone here run the exhaust out the side, just behind the drivers rear wheel? I'm looking for a "hidden" type system, but at the same time I don't want a hot exhaust pipe ruining my paint.

Does anyone here have any pictures of their side-exit exhaust systems?

• 1 month later...

On my Merkur, I went out the side but angled it down toward the ground at about 45° down. It's not bad with a 3" exhaust (Ultraflo and a cat) when I go by walls and I like being able to look out my side-view mirror and see the exhaust coming out (not much to see, hopefully). I also like seeing what it blows onto the street when it's idling (rich exhaust) and blowing leaves or dirt to the side of the road. :)

Guest powerman
I also like seeing what it blows onto the street when it's idling (rich exhaust) and blowing leaves or dirt to the side of the road. :)

If you drive fast enough it does this anyways. :flamedevi