HybridZ

NEED HELP FINDING WHEELS!!!

Hey guys! I need help finding wheels that will fit my car. I have a 1971 240Z. I want a 15 inch rim or bigger. Currently I have the stock suspension, but I am thinking of putting on coilovers.

Can you guys give me some wheel and tire size combos? Any ideas and or pics would be great. Let me know what you guys are running. Thanks!

I found some Ceterline Sabers in 15 by 7 inch rims but MSA wants around $200 each! My local tire store wanted $225 each!!! Too much for me. I don't want to have to pay any more than $150 each if at all possible. Thanks guys! cheers.gif

Jason

My 16x7 Centerlines were $159 each from Summit Racing. They are a special order in the Z bolt pattern so it took about a month to get them. I think they have discontinued the Aztec pattern, but you can still get the Thruster which would look good on a Z.(That was my second choice.) I have stock diameter springs and the wheels are 4" backspacing with 205 55 16 Dunlop D60's from the Tire Rack. They were clearanced at $59 each! I sucked it up and bought McGuard lug nuts and locks at the same time. You can use stock lug nuts, but the chrome ones will help keep rust off your $ wheels. My total investment was less than $1000 including mounting a balancing.

Yup, The same Billet Saber that MSA sells for $200 can be had in a 15x8 FOR $159 I Believe... Summit and Jegs BOTH can get them for you but they are a special order bolt pattern, but you can specify backspacing! :D By the way, those wheels are Pretty darned lite weight, as when I sold mine the 4 wheels weighed 62# and that included boxes and packing matterials...

They are Nice wheels... I highly recommend them!

Mike 2thumbs.gif

My local tire store told me they don't make the Saber in 15 x 8 in the 4 bolt pattern. Maybe they just didn't want to bother looking them up. twak.gif I thought VR Enignering sold some wheels like that and they were 15 x 8. But they are closed.

So if I call up Summit what do I tell them? :confused: What backspacing would work? Right now my suspension is stock but I might go with coilovers soon. I want a good meaty tire up under there.

Also, what is the bolt pattern? 4 and...4.5???

Should I use the same backspacing in the front and back?

Thanks again guys! I really want those Sabers! :D

Guest Anonymous

Weld draglites like I have on my car IMHO look ok and they're pretty darn light as well. They have them in double drilled pattern right off of Summits website with 4.5" backset. I picked up tires 205/55/15's (Goodyear Eagle GSA's) for cheap at like sam's club and had them mounted elsewhere, I think I was under 900.00 bucks, the welds them self were like 105 a piece thats in 7" which works well with the 4.5 backset, I have maybe a half inch on the inside rears by the springs. They fill the wells ok, don't rub anywhere and look plenty meaty at 8" all the way around. *shrug*. The tires, I donno, they seem to grip pretty good, but they were a discontinued model. Tirerack is cheap as well, I almost went there, but had a problem with my charge account (1500 dollar a day spending limit on the ATM and I had charged a A/C from MSA already that day), I almost had ordered 225's from them I'm sure probably would have fit as well, but I'm happy with what I have.

There are selections out there if you don't need the 'blings' at 1g a piece for the rim and tire. :eek: (theres plenty more much cheaper in 16 and 17" as well).

Regards,

Lone

Yup, Pete is right. I had 225-50s on the front of the White Z... And those tires had been on the REAR prior to flaring it...

Also, Centerline DOES make the Saber in 15X8 because Summit ordered them like that for me. Unless they have changed their policy in the last few years, the cutoff was at 8 inches on any of their four lug wheels...

Mike rockon.gif

May have one of two different sets of rims and tired up for sale in a couple of weeks. Depends if a deal Im working on goes through. One set includes 2 15x10 and 2 15x11 rims and tires and the other includes what I think are 2 14x7 or 14x8 in the front and 2 15x10s in the rear both are sets are centerline dragtype rims look very good first set has good tires second set has brand new tires and work well with your current ride height but also look good with an inch or so of drop. Email me if your interested I dont have pics yet but could work on that quickly. Could save a substantial amount of money over new cost smile.gif

Guest Anonymous

I ordered a set of the Weld Draglites in 16x7 for $99.95 each. They are shipped as we speak. They are among the lightest and strongest wheels made. Only my Centerline Convo-Pro's are stronger and they will be for sale when the Welds arrive.

Mike