HybridZ

Camber Bushings

I like to see the reply to this question. EMI recommended that

I use the Almuinum/Delrin Bushings. I just received a reply from MSA

and they have carry the bushings.

Hey Guys,

I`ve been using ajustable bushings frt and rear(from MSA). Very little street lots of driving schools and track events. I`ve been using for almost 3 years!

I had 1 rear ncert crack???, (MSA sales the ncerts to replace so you don`t have to buy another kit). The frts have slipped on me 2 times!

I used a BIG LONG breaker bar to do the last tightening, no problems sence!

Aluminum/Delrin bushings work geat on a race car but they must be properly installed, checked many times during the racing season, and replaced regularly. They are not designed to last like OEM parts and they will wear out quickly.

I have Al/delrin bushings at the rear. I wrapped a layer of sanding screen around the aluminum before clamping down, and they haven't moved a bit after 5 track events and maybe 5000 miles on the street. The stuff looks like screen door material, but it's (der) abrasive. I also lubricated both sides of the delrin flanged sleeves with never-sieze. Haven't inspected for wear yet.

Guest Anonymous

Jamie, I heard the same thing from a reputable alignment shop. They suggest for rear toe adjustment get an adjustable lower control arm like Mike Kelly sells, or make your own. They also like the idea of an adjustable T/C rod (Heim joint and clevis) rather than using shims or other forms of adjusting caster.

If I were you, I'd get camber plates and coil overs first and build on that.

Just my opinion. Jon

As John Coffee said, Aluminum/ Delrin bushings are NOT designed for extended use on the street. I used them on a car I autocrossed and had to check the alignment before every event due to slipping... I also wore them out so much that they wollowed around the inner control arm mount internal area, not only crakcing the plastic, but ovalizing the bushings in one season... They are NOT optimal... and a waste of money in my opinion... Use ANYTHING but those things if you don't want to keep replacing them...

Thanks Jumbo240Z for the plug...

Mike

Camber plates work (I even have a pair of carreras for sale $100) but the two biggest complaints are: They rattle ALOT, creating a LOT of noise, and they require the removal of ALOT of material from the top of the strut tower sheetmetal.

Mike