HybridZ

Yet another "My car won't run" thread.

Ok so it does run...but not really. Ok I have an 83 280ZX turbo w/ N/A electronics. I was having problems before with my car sputtering while I was driving but ok at idle. Well I came back two days later and started it up and it was missing very badly. Well since then i've cleaned just about every connection, got new injector wiring plugs, and bigger injectors (not sure what size they are but they came from an 84 50th 300zxt.) Anyways I'm stumped on what my problem could be. Has anyone had this happen before?? Please let me know.

P.S. If you're using N/A electronics and bigger injectors do you have to adjust the AFM?

Just to clarify - the car was an NA car. The motor now is rebuilt, and has a turbo attached to it. The ECU controlling everything is the original unmodified NA ECU. Is all this correct? If so, you need to switch to the turbo ECU or get the MS hooked up and configured before you can expect it to work.

Well I stand corrected - this is good to know. I've seen a few NA cars converted to turbo that straight up would not work with the NA engine management. Thanks for updating it with the AFM fix - glad to hear it's working now!