HybridZ

Convertable 240Z

ARZ_

No, I cut the window frames off where they came out of the door. Then I took the leading edge of the window frame and cut the outside edge off of it and riveted it to the inside of the A pillar, and then put pinch mounding on it and it seals the leading edge of the window. They still roll up nice even with the top up. He almost never puts the top on though. Its really a summer ONLY car in Michigan. It was an original Arizona car its whole life, and it has been garaged in the winters ever since its been in MI. about 1990 or so.

Yea its a 1 piece front end, with closed in headlights and square headlights in the grill.

My Dad gets tons of looks, people always ask what year it is. They never believe its over 30 years old or that its a Datsun.

A TR-7 top and bows will work with some modifications. I have the bows and did a trial fit on them. I looked like other than reworking the windshield connection I need to shorten the side a couple of inches.

zz6.jpg

zz5.jpg

I think it would be neat to make a fiberglass top that would make it look like an original coupe and have the best of both worlds.

I made a soft top for it. It is a convertible!!! It works very nice, we got rained on when we delivered it, it didn't leak a drop. I drove mine when I went to college in Flagstaff, got snowed on and everything. Yea I had visions of a clean top like a Miata top, but when all was said and done, it didn't look like I expected. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't as nice or clean as a Miata hard or soft top or anything either. If you made the trunk MUCH shorter it could be done. Either way it was functional stationary or at speed.

He only drives his in the Summer on nice days, but I think he keeps the top in the trunk.

Sho: there is a Fiberglass top already made for these, yours is from the same molds as mine. Who did you buy your car from? I made the first one in AZ and my best friend made the molds for the rear deck lid and top and all. AZC bought the molds and sold them quite a few years ago. I don't think that the owner of the molds is having any luck with selling parts. I don't think he anticipated how difficult it would be.

Sho: Who did you buy your car from?

I converted it my self. Got bored drank to many beers and started cutting, well not really that way. I had collected information from here and there and just put the best from each one. It is basically a Z-Therapy type of conversion with a 1â€x 2†Tube stock reinforcement tied into the frame rails and some other added bracing.

I am now working on my supercharged forced DCOE carbs “MAD MAX†part of the project. It is just too hot to do anything this time of the year.