HybridZ

im not worthy!

i havent had my z long but im in a position where i need to let it go. so i have decided to sell it and build my 89 2.3l mustang with a turbo swap,as soon as i get the bills caught up, goin fer about 350 to 400hp. i also have a baby on the way. after the baby gets a little older and not so expensive, i plan on getting another z. i know more about the 2.3 ford then the l28, plus i know how to do it fairly cheap, so thats why im doin the stang fer now. in the mean time tho i will be here gathering up all the infinite knowledge that this board has to offer.when i do get another z i will know exactly what to do and exactly what i want. although i hate to get rid of my 77. it has a lot of really good bodywork done to it including the pantera conversion, which i love but cant say i'll do on my next z. if anyone is interested in my 77 they can send me a pm. soooo... what are ya'lls thoughts on this? i mean i already made the decision but what would you have done? i could've stuck it out but my z would have ended up setting fer a long time and the build time would have been an eternity.

Flat, do what you enjoy in your projects! One of the things I enjoy most is the research and learning things I didn't know. I've got a Z car disassembled right now and wouldn't have dreamed of doing this a year ago. This site is mostly to blame........

Got some bad news for you, about your first born, they don't get any cheaper untill after they graduate college. Anyway, its all good.

Good luck!

chris

I hate to break this to you, but...The Z isn't going to be anymore expensive to play with than the Mustang. In my experience Z parts are pretty cheap and comparable to chevy's and ford's. What does your Z need to be drivable? If it's already running a driving then you really don't have a lot more to do aside from starting the upgrades. Anyway you cut it a project is expensive, regardless of who made it originally the car will cost ya'.