HybridZ

<~~~~Speechless!!

Poundz9oh9

Somehow the 2.0 guys don't have a problem getting to 600hp... Why is it so hard to get an L6 to the same power??? HMM.

Surely a crossflow DOHC head won't make THAT much of a difference.

Drivetrain on that car: really sweet

More could be said for the frame and wheel choice though...

From what I understand from people that know the guy, he did all the fab work himself and based out of his own (or bosses/friends etc... shop) and only has about a grand into the car. Everything else, he already had the parts and did all the fab work himself.

Hi, my name is Cameron and this is my first time on any forum. I just thought I'd give a little insight about my awd sentra:

It's a 1991 Nissan Sentra SER.

I started the awd project on my sentra after my 6th transmission failure (3rd gear breakage). On my second transmission I installed a par dog engagement gear set that also broke (twisted input splines and broken 4th gear dogs).

Someone said it'd be cool if your car was awd and I agreed because I had traction issues. I sourced a gtir transmission, transfer case, drive shaft, rear end assembly, and front spindle assemblies.

Luckily with my job position at a local speed shop, Sublime (Omaha, NE), I was able to work on my own car after hours. At the time, my car was fwd and making 465 hp on pump fuel and 501 hp on race fuel. I decided to go for it and started taking the car apart. At this time I also started upgrading turbo and intercooler system.

I modified the front sub-frameto provide clearance for the transfer case. I also had to raise the steering rack. I modified exhaust tunnel to provide clearance for the drive shaft and I cut the rear floor out and sectioned in the gtir rear sub frame. It's just that easy... wink!

To answer questions about transmission strength, I cryo treated all hard parts. I welded the center diff to lock the front and rear together so I could use the in-house 2wd and I converted it to a hydraulic clutch (cluth is now a twin disc). Everything's custom including all engine and transmission mounts. After the drivetrain was complete, I built the intake manifold, exhaust manifold, intercooler pipe, and replaced my 62 mm turbonetics turbo with a 67 mm T-4 precision turbo. Complete fuel control was still is controlled by the autronic SM2.

Sorry for the blabbing and the delay of information. It's a fast car, but I'm not done yet. I need to put a roll cage in and seat belts. pretty scary ride.

If you have any other questions I'll try to respond later and I'll snag pictures. Thanks

Cameron

This is a quote taken from sr20forum.com by the owner of the car. He did do the work himself, but there was a ton to do, lol! Could you imagine what it would cost in labor to have someone else do this for you?:o