HybridZ

Fluids

mikeatrpi

What fluid(s) would be good for my 82 5-speed and R200 rear end?

I can get amsoil locally, but I'm not opposed to mail-ordering redline. I see MT-90 is recommended for the trans. What should I use in the rear end?

I'm interested to hear your recommendations. My eyes need a rest from all of the reading in the archives I've done- turning up a ton of different opinions!

Most of the ones in the archives discuss the T5 and / or an LSD. Also, the dates were 2-3-4 years old. I thought perhaps someone had discovered something new. Such as the GM synchromesh fluid- people said how great it was, then one guy found a similar product by pennzoil, and later talked about how it wasn't recommended for the yellow metals (not sure what that is) in the datsun transmissions. I've yet to find anyone who has mentioned their personal long term experience with said products. One guy said he didn't care about long term effects, because he expected his engine to kill the transmission long before the oil did. I'll admit perhaps I didn't search hard enough. I apologize.

I did see that you use Swepco mixed with ATF, in what proportion or formulation I don't know, because it was recommended to you by Porsche folks. In fact you give the same advice repeatedly in many of the past threads I've found.