HybridZ

Another Should I buy thread.

Guest medisyn

Guest medisyn

Hello sorry another newb. I have been thinking of doing a v8z and have found a local 71 that is going for cheap. It of course has rust. My question how bad does the car need to be before its not worth getting for a v8 swap?

Here is a few pictures. The price we have talked about so far is around 500 or less. The engine is 100% dead. Of course I am going to inspect the car tomorrow. I just wanna make sure what it is exactly, that will make it a NO BUY. I am willing to attempt to fix rust but I dont want to replace the whole car piece by piece. Ha

If you lived in the rust belt, that would be a decent car. Since you are on the west coast, I would say find another car. However, the biggest factor for me is the framerails and battery tray area. If the battery tray and the framerail under the tray are bad, I run! Find one that has lived a lot of it's life in the desert. The initial cost of that car will be the least of your expenditures.

Guest medisyn

Well lets just say that somehow the rust is only in the pictures shown and the battery tray and front rails are ok, think its a good buy? Oh the agreed price is now like 200 haha. Lets hope its not rusty.

Well lets just say that somehow the rust is only in the pictures shown and the battery tray and front rails are ok, think its a good buy? Oh the agreed price is now like 200 haha. Lets hope its not rusty.

For 200 bucks, buy it and drive it till it falls apart.

Guest medisyn

Ok, talked to the seller some more, and got him to snap a few more pictures before I make the 50 mile round trip to check it out.

Here is all the pictures, I uploaded to my flickr account. I got pictures of the battery tray and (one of the) frame rails. It doesn't look too good. Think I should walk away?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7588567@N04/sets/72157601603371194/

Hopefully my flickr account will continue to work :)

The best thing about where the rust is on that car is that if you do any kind of body kit or flares it will cover most of those areas. Which means you don't have to do pristine body work only enough to get all the rust. Then when you do your next repaint or rebuild you can go further on your repairs.

Guest medisyn

hey guys. the seller kinda stopped contacting me. I am going to shoot him an email. Sorry about the long delay, I resumed going to college this week. Don't worry I am not giving up. I want a Z!

Guest medisyn

Yup I have a feeling that the car got sold. I hate how nobody will bother to tell you that its sold, and will instead just ignore you! I am going to give him one more email/call and see.