HybridZ

Weird Words / Sayings

CArFAn

"Irregardless..."

What?!? :confused:

You know the shitty part.. they just added that damn word to the Webster's or something.. just goes to show if enough people use a word and know what it means, even if it's completely stupid and irrational, it becomes an official "word".

Here's another one - I love it when people say "I need to dethaw that ". I always say "Okay let's freeze it!".

- Greg -

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
"Irregardless..."

What?!? :confused:

Davy

I’m Guilty of using this one here on a few occasions, DOH! I am trying not to use it anymore so if you see me using it again, call me on it.

Just as MrFancypants stated, I’ve heard it thrown about SO often that it took root and even sounds normal, irregardless of my edumacational background, :lmao:

Here are a couple.

When people talk about the “HOT water heater” in their home?!?!? Since when do we need to heat already HOT water? It’s a "water heater"…

One that gets my panties all wadded up is “Freeze plug!minacc.gif

You know the shitty part.. they just added that damn word to the Webster's or something.. just goes to show if enough people use a word and know what it means, even if it's completely stupid and irrational, it becomes an official "word".

- Greg -

That's a pisser, because it goes against the "rules" (I use that term loosely) of spelling and grammar. Is "pisser" a real word I wonder? Questions... Questions...

Davy