HybridZ

supercharger camshaft profiles

ezzzzzzz

I was wondering if there is anything specific to supercharger profiles or will most any profile function well. I understand this is an abritrary question so bear with me. Any suggestions of specific cam profiles? I'm building my 3.1 L6 stroker (LD28 block/crank/L20B rods/custom pistons) and plan to bolt-on a non-intercooled Eaton M62 SC similar to KJones. The devil is in the details and I'm looking for any valuable info before I buy the remaining bits and pieces.

Actually, I did. He is interested in selling his setup which I have no personal need for as I have most major parts. Additional info was asked for but not provided in the initial request. I did ask again but received no reply although he may not have seen the last PM I posted as of yet. He may be too busy to dig up that data (cam card) for me at this time. I hope he or someone else such as Braap or TonyD can provide some enlightenment. The book "Supercharged" does not elaborate on cam choices.

Ron was supposed to call me back about a compound supercharged / turbocharged setup I was getting a cam for...didn'tget a call, got to call back today.

Generally, the same mods for a N/A will work for a supercharged car, but exhaust duration should be a little longer because you have more in there to let out, and you move opening/closing events to minimize duration overlap to prevent the positive pressure in the intake manifold from blowing out the charge into the exhaust.

Adding a turbo to a S/C setup makes for some more wierd valve events, and those specifics are what Im waiting for him to get back to me on now. I already know the events for JeffP's straight turbo setup, and I'm curious to see what changes he will make for the compound compression giving more torque down low. Will prove to be interesting.

I used this cam on my SC project (now melted down....):

Compcams #84-131-4

indur outdur inlift outlift

280 280 .460 .460

See top plot

ZCCNE_280Z_SC.sized.jpg

Since melting that engine down, I put this cam in a 10:1 NA L28 with a n47 head, and it is making around 185WHP.

You need to talk with BRAAP.

I spoke with him not to long ago regarding my cam grind for my SC project. He recommended a .489, and was very specific about widening the lob seperations to about 114 deg. Especially if your not going to do alot of head.

You can find him in the members section.