HybridZ

350Z trans + L24...possible?

MazterDizazter

Alright, so I was poking through the Want Ad and saw a 350Z trans for sale for $400. Can't beat that. Has anyone sucessfully mated one of these transmissions to an L series engine? If so, what was required? Also, the seller swears that it is a 5 speed manual from a 2004 Z, that he was looking straight at it in his garage. Now I am 99.9% sure that they only came with 6spd manuals and 5spd autos, so can someone clarify that? I may just have to go have a look for myself. If it for some strange reason is a Z32 transmission, would that be able to be mated to an L series engine?

• Administrators

Hmm.. For some reason, how you described this deal and the discrepancy in the listing, a little red flag is waving, "possibly HOT”. If it is an ’04 Z manual trans, yes it should be a 6 speed.

As for the Z-32 trans being bolted up to the L-series? Please read the HybridZ rules and guidelines linked below, in particular, #2. The Z-32 trans to the L-series engine even has its own dedicated sticky thread in the L-6 section of this forum.

Click me and read please...

I tried to find someone who has done this to no avail. I have a G35 6 speed sitting in the shed and would love to try it behind my L6. From what I can tell the same thing would have to be done for this trans that was done for the Z32 trans. Adapter plate and bellhousing machining. I'll wait for someone else to do the dirty work before attempting to use mine.

Joe