HybridZ

I think i killed it !

Today i was driving normal speed at 100kmh and a viper passed me so i pushed it in 4 th gear and try to see if i could keep up , i knew i couldnt but i had to try :oops: . Then i got to around 160 kmh and i strated loosing power like it reached its limit or something and then the motor died and a HUGE cloud of white smoke was coming out the back . I started the car again big cloud again . So i called the towing , had CAA , while i was waiting for the tow i checked the engine the breather spited oil on the hood a little and it seems like im loosing coolant around the water pump but everything is brand new not even rebuild ? i dont get it . Can it be my water pump or its a crankcase issue ?:icon_frow

What can it be ill have to go back to my freinds place to check compression but im sure its fine .

Oh sorry its a 78 280Z with a rebuild L28 with flat top pistons and MSA camshaft .

I had the intention of draining the oil to check for debris ill keep an eye out for that but from what ive seen its only pure coolant that was in the drive way and on the engine . Ill take the head off if compression is off to check everything but if it starts costing to much ill go right ahead with my VQ swap earlier then i wanted but hey if life gives you lemon make lemonade . lol

If the white smoke is coming out the exhaust, it is a head or gasket. If it is coming out around the water pump, it may just be the pump gasket. I bought a really nice 76 many years ago because the kid thought he blew the engine. I didn't know till I bought it and towed it home that it was only a water pump gasket.

Mike